The team at Ciocca Dermatology is fully trained and dedicated to treat various skin conditions and diseases. It is our compromise to work effectively in the effort to help our patients' skin conditions to treat, manage and cure to improve the quality of life. Here are some of the most common conditions seen, but not limited to the expertise of the providers.
- Acne is a chronic condition leading to clogged pores, pimples, cysts, and possibly scarring. Treatments include oral and topical. For severe cases we offer a form of Vitamin A known as: Accutane.
- Actinic Keratosis (Precancerous spots) are rough scaly bumps appearing on the skin surface, usually resulting from excessive sun exposure.
- Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema) is a chronic skin condition causing itchy, dry, inflamed skin.
- Seborrheic Dermatitis dry skin in the scalp, treatment will improve hair loss and itchiness.
- Genital Warts (Condyloma), which are caused by the HPV virus, increase in number or size without treatment.
- Hair Loss can strike men or women of any age, though it can typically be slowed or stopped with treatment, after studies to determine a reason.
- Hives (urticaria) are pale red bumps appearing on the skin, usually caused by an allergic reaction.
- Psoriasis is a common, inflammatory auto immune condition, which can have a negative impact on your quality of life if left untreated. Topical, oral and biological treatments available.
- Rashes may be unsightly, itchy, painful, or all three. We offer diagnosis and treatment for a variety of skin rashes.
- Rosacea is a skin disease causing redness and irritation of the facial skin, which worsens with time if not treated.
- Skin Cancer vary in severity, Melanoma is the most serious type of skin cancer, and should be treated immediately. Skin cancers of all types may be removed with traditional surgery, frozen sections or MOHS.
- Nail Care includes treatment of diseases, fungal infections, and inflammatory conditions.